Saturday, November 1, 2008

Veering off the "Path"

I am very interested in the technical, computer and database-oriented side of librarianship. I feel strongly for people to be able to access and retrieve quality information. Information that is the best of the best, what they really need and want - targeted answers that our users can feel confident with.

I feel my purpose is to find a way to guide people to the answers that they can rely on, feel safe with, and not have to question their results.

Is this possible? I don't know. Hopefully, people will always question what they find, but that is not very realistic. As a librarian, I want to make possible that they can find the best, and question those results -- and in turn challenge their own ideas and those set forth before them.

0 comments:

Searchme - Visual Search

Followers

About This Blog

This is my contribution and outlet to discuss information science and the importance of Competitive Intelligence analysis and implementation.

Mashable!

Tame The Web

The Shifted Librarian

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP